Urine testing is the historical, tried and tested method of detecting drugs of abuse and alcohol. Urine tests are most commonly used to detect drugs or illicit substances however as required urine samples can also be screened to detect alcohol.
We utilise many different types of testing cups as dictated by client needs or regulatory requirements and can test for up to 14 different drugs.
The advantages are:
- When compared to oral fluid the detection window for some drugs within urine is increased.
- The results of the test may be displayed within minutes
- The availability of a split sample for confirmation analysis at the laboratory
- Sample taken under the Chain of Custody conditions, this is a fully legally defensible process
- Confirmation of ‘Non-negative’ samples will be carried out in accordance with ISO17025
- Normal detection window of substances is 1-14 days (drug type dependant)
If you would like to find out more about Urine testing please contact us.