Screen4 have teamed up with a leading UK based diagnostics company to exclusively provide this revolutionary Finger Prick (back to lab) IgG Antibody Test – to businesses and members of the public across the UK.
- Home Use Finger Prick Antibody Test
- The test, which is CE Marked and has been independently evaluated against traditional blood draw collection methods – will be ready for sale and distribution in the coming weeks.
- The test sample collection method – Finger Prick – has also been independently evaluated in a ‘Usability Study’ to ensure the finger prick collection method is reliable and robust.
- It only requires approx. 4-5 drops of blood to provide enough sample to be analysed.
- Screen4 Ltd have exclusivity within the UK and can provide you with access to the new Covid-19 IgG Antibody Finger Prick Test.
The Finger Prick IgG Antibody test is a ‘self-collect test’ kit which can be carried out from the comfort of your home. This newly developed test is a simple and easy way to find out if you have had Covid19 or not.
What an antibody test can tell you:
An antibody test can tell you if it’s likely you’ve had coronavirus before.
But it does not work for everyone, as some people who’ve had the virus do not have antibodies.
An antibody test does not tell you:
- if you’re immune to coronavirus
- if you can or cannot spread the virus to other people
The results are not intended to replace medical advice, nor should they be used as a full diagnosis, or to prescribe medication without consulting an appropriate medical professional. Laboratory testing will always have a small degree of variability.
What is an IgG Antibody Test?
An antibody test is a looking for things called IgG antibodies in your blood. Your body makes these when it fights an infection, like Covid-19. The same thing happens when you get a vaccine, like a flu jab. That’s how you build immunity to a virus.
The antibody test isn’t checking for the virus itself. Instead, it looks to see whether your immune system (your body’s defence against illness) has responded to the infection. The Finger Prick Antibody test is a ‘self-collect test’ kit which can be carried out from the comfort of your home.
How do I take the IgG Antibody Test?
You’ll have to give some blood, in this instance a Finger Prick Blood sample. Only 4-5 drops of blood are required for analysis.
A full clear concise instructions leaflet will be included in your test kit.
When should I get an IgG Antibody Test?
If you have / or think you have experienced the symptoms of coronavirus recently you need to wait at least 14 days from the day the symptoms started before carrying out an antibody test.
How accurate is this test?
96% Sensitivity on clinical samples collected > 20 days post laboratory confirmation
98.6% Specificity on 640 negative samples
When should I expect my results?
It takes approx. 3-5 days to return the result to you once the laboratory receives the sample. This may be quicker or slower depending on laboratory capacity.