Drug & Alcohol Program Management
Implementing a drug and alcohol testing program in the workplace can be very complex and it is vital that employers stay impartial.
Using a third-party service provider to manage your random and ‘with-cause’ testing allows testing to be implemented effectively and prevents employees feeling as if they are being targeted. We provide an auditable Random method that can be relied upon to demonstrate impartiality and work within your operational needs.
When working with a combination of local and international regulations, implementing a testing plan can be extremely difficult. We can provide you with a tailored managed solution guiding you through regulations to facilitate a testing programme that suits the business needs and is legally binding.
Our dedicated team will work with you from the beginning right through to the implementation of the programme.
- Most importantly, legislation and culture are shifting across industry to one of ‘blame’ and companies and their management can no longer ignore the potential risks associated with staff being under the influence of Drugs or Alcohol at work.
- Having a clear and robust policy framework in place to protect your business from employees who work while under the influence is the first step you should take.
- Implement drug and alcohol testing in your workplace, including random drug and alcohol testing. If your employees spend their time out on the road, such as salespeople and delivery drivers, testing will need to extend outside your site boundaries.
- Educate your employees. Most employees want to do the right thing and wouldn’t knowingly come to work under the influence, so we provide education about such topics as how long drugs and alcohol can stay in the system. We can also educate your employees about your drug and alcohol management plan and your testing program.
- Remind your employees that like employers, they have a duty of care when it comes to occupational health and safety. This includes taking reasonable care of the health and safety of others.
- Provide a support and counselling option for employees who are having issues dealing with drugs or alcohol.
- Have a structured disciplinary procedure in place for anyone who is caught under the influence of drugs or alcohol while at work.